Friday, April 4, 2014

Texas Bound

Guess where I’m headed, y’all. Obviously you know by the title, but my happy butt will be driving to North Texas late tonight to see the Cats battle Wisconsin for a trip to the championship game.

This is my very first time for a few things: seeing a final four, driving across the Mississippi River, and seeing Arkansas and Texas. I seriously could not be more excited!

I’ve got movies, my pillow and blanket, and a bag of snacks for the 11 hour drive. I also need to get some medicine to knock me out cause why not (and I’m also sick….so I best be in tip-top shape to enjoy the weekend!)

If UK wins, we are staying for the big game Monday, which means even more sight-seeing. Texas friends- What should I look for?

Everyone send happy thoughts for me getting better, the trip and our team. If you follow me on IG (melanie_ks), you better be ready for an annoying amount of trip pictures, cause they will be posted.

Oh…..and Go CATS!

4 comments:

  1. You going to watch them in Texas?!?! Jealous!!

    Go CATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I can't wait to hear about your trip, I have never been to Tx as an adult and hear it is tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in A-town! You should eat at Babe's Chicken... best fried chicken ever! Also, Fuzzy's is a cheap and delicious place to eat Mexican. There's one on Abrams, fairly close to the stadium. Nightlife wise, Sundance Square is best. They've got quite a few events related to the final four going on. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me. I'll be happy to help.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Please leave one! :)