Thursday, March 27, 2014

Cinderella’s Closet & Fairy Godmothers

While on Facebook one night, I saw a link to South Central Kentucky Cinderella’s Closet. I clicked on the link and read all about how this organization was having an event at a local church. I immediately knew I wanted to be involved.

IMG_3134
Cinderella’s Closet is an organization that helps young ladies in the community find prom dresses, shoes, and accessories for a prom they otherwise may not be able to attend due to costs. All of the items are donated by the people and businesses in the community.
      untitled
I signed my mom and I up as fairy godmothers, and we eagerly awaited the Saturday of the event. After arriving, we learned that each girl would be assigned a fairy godmother whom would help her choose a dress, shoes, jewelry, a bag, and she would have the dress altered if needed, and steamed, all for free by people that had kindly donated the items or their time.
IMG_3136     IMG_3137
Mom and I worked with 2 sweet young ladies last Saturday morning. We learned where they went to school, what their favorite things were, what they wanted to do after school, and so much more. It was so fun helping them find their dress and accessories and making them feel like a princess.
mom and mel
Mom and I both got a picture with one of our Cinderellas, and I forwarded the photos to her. That afternoon, I got the sweetest text back from her.
2
I will never forget those few hours I spent with those young ladies, helping them do something they might not have been able to do without this organization. It reminded me how lucky I really am, and how wonderful my little small-town community really is.
photo
If you find that your town is participating in Cinderella’s Closet, I encourage you to attend. You absolutely will not regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... what fun you must have had.. & how you touched a life that day!!!
    I love awesome opportunities to serve & meet incredible people doing it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Please leave one! :)