Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Update

So it's Monday, y'all. I'm not happy about it.


I had plans Friday to go listen to a a guy I know play (music); I went to high school with him, and have yet to hear him. However, it was freakin' cold out, and all I wanted to do was go home, put on some comfies, and sit in front of the fireplace. Luckily, the gal I was going with wanted to do the same thing. Hopefully we can hit him up next time he's in town.

Saturday was quite busy. I had to get a baby shower gift, attend said baby shower for an old friend who is having twin girls...TWINS! Can you imagine? Then I went out with some friends for pizza, game watching, ice-cream and drinks.

Sunday was spent how every Sunday should be spent- in comfies with no make-up, bed head, and watching tv. I did a few loads of laundry, cleaned a little, and cooked- even though each thing I made did not turn out. My cinnamon rolls for breakfast burned, the roast I made was tough, and when I tried pulling it apart with my fingers (because two forks weren't cutting it), I burned my fingers. I was ready to give up completely.

Also, one of my best guy friends from high school unfollowed me on twitter. Unfollowed me. I mean I've talked about how I take it personally when anyone does that, but a friend?? A real-life friend?  I may have tweeted him twice calling him out on it.

Then, I my best friend wouldn't answer my phone calls or texts. That really bothered me. AND I was also upset about a whole other situation, so I called my sister and cried. You know how you have little things to happen which aren't a big deal, but they just build up and you break? Yeah. That happened. I was the girl sobbing and sniffling on the other end of the phone.

I had fun tweeting during the Superbowl. Just me or was the game a complete bore until the second half. It's not really a game, in my opinion, unless it's close and interesting. Then there were all of the jokes about the blackout and Ray Lewis and Beyonce, who is one hell of an entertainer by the way. I'd rather hear her sing more and less whipping her hair back and forth. That's just me though.

Because it was Sunday, I of course napped, which is always a terrible idea around midnight when you're wide awake and staring at the ceiling and counting down until you have to wake up again. I rearranged my bedroom. Twice. I played games on my phone. Then I found this app about The Walking Dead. And this happened....

I'm thinking of making it my profile pic. Just to keep things interesting, ya know?

I'm linking up with Sami today.

And on that note, do you all link up when there are hundreds of links? It's completely awesome that the link-up is super successful, but I feel like if you aren't at the top of the link-up, it's kind of pointless. Do people really read through all of those linkups? Does the host read them? I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

And that's it for today, friends. Hope your Monday is aca-awesome! (Bonus points if you can name that reference.)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Haha I finally stopped linking up because it seemed almost pointless. Love the Monday ecard! Hope today is better than yesterday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still link up for shits and giggles. You never know. Personally, I don't read through the hundreds of linkups. In the words of Sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that lol. However, I think that if someone is hosting a linkup, they should comment. If a host doesn't comment, I know chances are they probably didn't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do some linkups but not a ton, just depends :) I'm sorry about your friends this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I link up, other times I forget and it's not a big deal. It depends on how I feel.

    Love the eCards. :)

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Please leave one! :)